Dr. Saurabh Misra
MBBS, MS, FICS, FIAGES
Consultant, Bariatric and Minimal Access Surgery,
+91 997 220 0999
Dr. Saurabh Misra is a doctor of profound experience working as a Minimal Access (Laparoscopic Surgery) and Bariatric surgery since 14 years.
- A doctor with a lethal combination of skills and experience, he has to his credit of having conducted over 4,000 Laparoscopic and other Gastro-intestinal surgical procedures. This includes Lap Bariatric surgeries, Lap Adrenal Surgery, Lap splenectomy, Lap Rectopexy surgeries along with routine surgeries like Lap cholecystectomy, Lap Hernia repair etc.
- Dr. Saurabh Misra is the Inventor of the surgical procedure – SMILS (Single Site Multi-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery)
- Dr. Misra completed his advanced Laparoscopic surgical training from the prestigious Sir Ganga ram hospitals in 2002. Later he was accepted as a Fellow in the world renowned Mayo Clinic at Rochester, USA, for Bariatric surgery training. There, he worked with Dr. GB Thompson and Dr Kendric before starting his own program in India.
- In 2010, he was invited for Hernia leaders Summit at Shanghai, China. (Only 5 Surgeons represented India).
- In 2011,he was appointed as teaching faculty with Ethicon Endosurgery,USA.
- He was working with Apollo Hospitals Goa, before joining Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. He has the credit of starting the first Bariatric surgery program and the Minimal access unit in Goa.
- He is also an expert in performing advanced procedures which include Pancreatic and bilary, colonic and advanced trauma surgeries.
- He performs Single incision Laparoscopic surgeries routinely.
- Surgical procedure – SMILS.
- Laparoscopic and other Gastro-intestinal surgical procedures
- He is the Fellow of International College of surgeons.
- He was honored Fellow of Indian association of Gastrointestinal Endo surgeons without an exam.
- He has more than 25 research papers presented at the national and international Conferences. His paper on “laparoscopic Adrenalectomy for Conn's syndrome " was awarded at the ASI conference in Bangalore.
- He also has four papers in indexed Journals to his credit on Minimally Access Surgery.
- He is a life member to Asia Pacific Hernia Congress.
- Member of Obesity society of India.
- Member of Bangalore Laparoscopic Group.
- Member of Goa Medical council.
- Member of ASI Bangalore Chapter.