Surgical Treatment Options Available
Laproscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy is safer than other procedures.
- In this procedure, 80% of the stomach is stapled and removed which induces weight loss by restriction in food intake and early satiety, due to loss of hunger producing hormones.
- Digestion and absorption is normal.
- By eating less the body draws the required energy from its own fat stores and thus you lose weight.
The R OUX-EN-Y Gastric Bypass
- In this procedure, a small, 15 to 20 cc, pouch is created at the top of the stomach.
- The small bowel is divided. The bilio-pancreatic limb is reattached to the small bowel and the other end is connected to the pouch, creating the Roux limb.
- The small pouch releases food slowly, causing a sensation of fullness with very little food intake.
- The bilio-pancreatic limb preserves the action of the digestive tract.
Laparoscopic Minigastric bypass
- This is a procedure which is a combination of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic ROUX-EN-Y gastric by pass.
- This procedure is first catching up as number of one procedure around the world.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bandage
- Laparoscopic Bilateral - pancreatic by pass with duodenal stitch. The procedures are undertaken only selectively now.