Dr. Geetha N Gowdar
PGD (Clinical Pathology)
Senior consultant and Head, Transfusion Medicine
Quality manager for Laboratory services
+91 984 592 6164
Dr. Geetha N Gowdar is a Senior Consultant in the department of Transfusion Medicine at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. She has more than two decades of experience and has gained proficiency in the field of transfusion medicine by working in various reputed hospitals across India.
- As a member of the transfusion committee, Dr. Geetha plays a vital role in the optimal and safe utilization of blood and blood products.
- Assessor for Blood bank by the NABH.
- Dr. Geetha plays an important role in the assurance of quality of laboratory reports as a quality manager of the laboratory services.
- She is the member of the OT committee and is instrumental in optimizing the OT utilization.
- She has vast experience of 20 years as Blood bank Medical officer and Pathologist.
- Safe and optimal use of blood, blood products.
- Stem cell therapy.
- Treatment of various haematological malignancies.
- Dr. Geetha was awarded the green belt in Lean Six Sigma for her project on OT utilization.
- She has been empanelled as an NABH Assessor for blood bank which assesses blood banks against NABH standards.
- She has also gained vast teaching experience ,when she was working as a faculty before joining Apollo.