Dr. Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.R.C.P.
+91 959 135 0181
Dr. Mahesh is an experienced and reputed endocrinologist in Bangalore. He has considerable experience both in India and abroad.
- Dr. Mahesh has vast experience of more than 15 years.
- His main specialty is in Endocrinology- Diabetes, Thyroid.
- Has worked as a Consultant Pathologist, Thiruvalla Medical Mission Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India.
- Senior House Officer, Department of Medicine for Elderly, Stockport Healthcare NHS Trust, Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport SK2 7JS.
- Senior House Officer in General Medicine and Haematology, Stockport Acute Services NHS Trust, Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport SK2 7JS .
- Senior House Officer, Medical Rotation, Central Manchester Healthcare NHS Trust, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9BL This medical rotation included training in Cardiology, General Medicine, Renal Medicine, Acute Unselected Medicine, and Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- Specialist Registrar, General Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Stoke Mandeville Hospital NHS Trust, Aylesbury, Bucks HP 21 8AL.
- Specialist Registrar, General Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Milton Keynes General Hospital NHS Trust, Milton Keynes General Hospital, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes, MK6 5LD.
- Specialist Registrar, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE.
- Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist , Horton General Hospital, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Oxford Road,Banbury, OX16 9AL, UK.
- Thyroid diseases.
- Adrenal disorders.
- Calcium disorders.
- Pituitary disorders.
- Articles Published in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Effects of GH on cognitive function in elderly patients with adult-onset GH deficiency. Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran et al, European Journal of Endocrinology. March 28, 2007.
- Severe Diadetic Ketoacidosis R C Paton, M Sathiavageeswaran Letter to the Editor. Diabetic Medicine, 1999; 16:884.
- Surgical diseases of the small intestine Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran, Madhav Naik.J, Jainendra Kumar, M.S Nair, Karthikeyan K Kerala Medical Journal; April 1992.
- Re-operative surgeries of the abdomen Madhav Naik.J, Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran, Jainendra Kumar, M.S Nair, Karthikeyan K Kerala Medical Journal; April 1992.
- Chapters in Textbooks
- Hormone Replacement therapy with Testosterone. Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran and John Wass. In: PanVascular Medicine, Integrated Clinical Management. Ed Peter Lanzer, Eric Topol. Published by Springer Verlag, New York 2002. ISBN 3-540-41484-3.
- Thyroid Disease. In: The Oxford Handbook of Endocrinology and Diabetes. Ed. Helen Turner and John Wass. Published by Oxford University Press, Oxford 2002. ISBN 0 19 263052 0.
- Fine needle aspiration of salivary glands-a cyto-histo-pathological correlative study, Under the supervision of Dr Jayalekshmi B; Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, India. 1993.
- Conference Papers
- Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy –Importance Of Pre-Treatment IGF-1 On Response To Growth Hormone Therapy. M Sathiavageeswaran, A C Gibbons, B Shine, H Turner, J A H Wass 20th Joint Meeting of the British Endocrine Societies with the European Federation of Endocrine Societies; Belfast, UK, 26-29 March 2000.
- Bone mineral density in patients with osteogenesis imperfecta M Sathiavageeswaran, R Smith, J A H Wass. 19th Joint Meeting of the British Endocrine Societies with the European Federation of Endocrine Societies; International Convention Centre, Birmingham, UK, 13-16 March 2000.
- A case of mullerian adenocarcinoma; Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists, Kerala Chapter, May 1991.
- A case of pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma; Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologist, Kerala Chapter, November 1991.
- A case of extraskeletal osteogenic sarcoma; Indian Association of Pathologist and Microbiologists, Kerala Chapter, May 1992.
- Tall cell variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma; Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists, Kerala Chapter, Nov 1992.
- Metastatic tumours in the CNS- A five year study; Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists, Kerala Chapter, May 1993.