Dr. Radhika V Kumar
MBBS, MRCP- General Internal Medicine (UK), MRCP (Endocrinology & Diabetes)
Consultant - Endocrinology
+91 973 984 5530
Dr. Radhika V Kumar has a broad range of experience in General diabetes management which includes,Inpatient and outpatient management of T1DM, T2DM, diabetic emergencies, diabetes management during acute surgical & medical illness, management of diabetes in the elderly, Kidneys, Cholesterol, Eyes - diabetic related complications and foot care in diabetes.
She also gained experience in pediatric endocrinology & diabetes mellitus, adolescent diabetes mellitus and maternity diabetes mellitus or diabetes during pregnancy.
- After completing MBBS Dr. Radhika worked in Tamilnadu Public service for 2 years.
- She then proceeded to the United Kingdom for further training. She completed training in General Internal medicine in Ninewells Hospital, NHS Tayside, Dundee and in Perth Royal Infirmary, NHS Tayside, Perth, Scotland, UK and gained extensive experience in various medical specialities and acquired MRCP (UK – GIM) – Royal college of Physicians (RCP -London, Glasgow, Edinburgh).
- In the UK, Dr. Radhika V Kumar developed interest in Diabetes & Endocrinology and did her extensive specialty and sub specialty training in Diabetes & Endocrinology in NHS Tayside, Dundee, Scotland, UK and in NHS Grampian, Aberdeen and acquired MRCP (Endocrinology& Diabetes) Royal college of Physicians (RCP - London, Glasgow and Edinburgh).
- She has CCT –UK in the following specialties:
- General Internal Medicine
DIABETES – Empowering patients to look after their diabetes by self awareness and education
- General Diabetes – Type 1 DM, Type 2 DM, Secondary Diabetes
- Antenatal Diabetes – Diabetes management during Pregnancy in patient with known Diabetes, new gestational diabetes
- Diabetes related Foot problems
- Insulin Pumps or CSII
- Diabetic problems during acute illness
- Management of Diabetes in patients on Enteral (Nasogastric or PEG feeding) nutrition
- Thyroid disorders (Overactive and underactive Thyroid, Neck swelling) and Parathyroid
- Pituitary disorders - Acromegaly, Non functioning pituitary tumors, Prolactinoma, Craniopharyngioma
- Young Hypertension (Age < 35 years)
- Adrenal Disorders – Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome, Phaechromocytoma, Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Neuro Endocrine tumors – Multiple Endocrine neoplasia, Insulinomas
- Electrolyte Problems – Sodium, Potassium and calcium
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Congenital and late onset Adrenal hyperplasia
- Turner’s syndrome
- Klinefelter’s syndrome
- A straight forward case of diabetic amyotrophy? Kumar R, Sudarshan T, Lang S, Swaminathan K. Diabet Med. 2010 Apr;27(4):487-8.
- Patient acceptability of televideo clinic for diabetes in the Orkney Islands. Poster abstract. Kumar R, Philip S, Bacon J, Page C, McCallum C, Milne N, Gilmore T. Diabetes UK, P451, 2011
- Does quantitative measurement of radioiodine (RAI) uptake on the post-high dose RAI whole body scan (WBS) predict residual disease in thyroid cancer following total thyroidectomy? Kumar R, McGeoh S, Lorimer L, Gemmell H, Bevan JS, Abraham P. – British Endocrine Society, 2012.
Winner of Poster presentation for 'Patient acceptability of televideo clinic for diabetes in the Orkney islands' - NHS Orkney and Grampian, December 2010, Royal Society of Telemedicine
- Diabetes UK
- Endocrine Society of India
- Young Diabetologists Forum – Diabetes UK
- Society for Endocrinologists, United Kingdom
- Association of British clinical Diabetologists, United Kingdom
- Endocrine Society, USA