MBBS, M.S. (General Surgery), FMAS
Consultant- General & Laparoscopic Surgeon and Associate Consultant -Gastrointestinal Surgery
+91 963 231 5757
Dr. Prashanth has rich experience in Laparoscopic/Minimal Access Surgery. He has been honoured with Fellow of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (FIAGES)
- Dr. C. Prashanth has more than a decade of experience in the field of General & Laparoscopic Surgery.
- He has been trained in Laparoscopic /Minimal Access Surgery at GEM Hospital Coimbatore .He has worked under most famous Laparoscopic Surgeons Like Dr.M.Ramesh, Dr. Palanivelu, Dr.Senthil Nathan, Dr.R.S.Bhat
- He has assisted in about 3600 Surgeries of various specialities before becoming Consultant & started performing various procedures individually.
- General Surgery.
- Laparoscopic/Minimal Access Surgery- -Lap Cholecystectomy , Lap Hernia Repair(TEP,TAPP),Lap Ventral Hernia, Lap Appendicectomy
- Bariatric/Obesity surgery.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery & Oncological Surgery.
- Diabetic Foot Surgery.
- Vascular Surgery-Varicose veins.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery/Oncological Surgery-Lap Fundoplication, Lap colorectal surgery.
- Recipient of Rotarian P.R.Sathyanarayanasetty’s Gold Medal awards -2000 for young Surgeons.
- Paper on Giant cell tumour published in JIMA.
- Best paper award for Tumours of thoracic bony cage in ASICON 2004 –Hyderabad & ASI-KSC 2005 Karnataka Chapter –Mangalore.
- Optimal port placement for Laparoscopic Surgery-Indian Journal of Surgery.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association(IMA).
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India(ASI).
- Life Member of Hernia Society of India(HSI).
- Life Member ofAssociation of Minimal Access Surgeons of India(AMASI)
- Life Member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons(IAGES).