Causes of Infertility in Women
- Ovulation disorders.
- Premature ovarian failure - the woman's ovaries stop working before she is 40.
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) - the woman's ovaries function abnormally.
- Poor egg quality.
- Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).
- Underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- Some chronic conditions, such as AIDS or cancer.
- Problems in the uterus or fallopian tubes.
- Scarring of the cervix or fallopian tubes by pelvic Surgery.
- Submucosal fibroids.
- Previous sterilization treatment.
Medications. These include:
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Illegal drugs – like marijuana or cocaine.