MBBS, MD, DNB (pathology), MNAMS
Consultant (Hematology and Histopathology)
+91 959 162 7364
Dr. Sandhya is a Consultant Pathologist has 10 years of experience in Diagnostic work in Histopathology, Cytology and Hematology.
She has worked as Professor in Reputed Medical colleges outside and in Bangalore .She has 10yrs of experience in the subject .She has been reporting Immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence . She has been a post –graduate guide in addition.
15 publications – 10 in national and 5 in international journals
- Sandhya venkatachala, Malur PR, Nerli RB, Desai BR, Vijayalaxmi D .Testicular biopsies –histomorphologic patterns in male infertility . Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2007;50: 726-9.
- Sandhya venkatachala , Shanthakumari S. Retroperitoneal fetiform teratoma .Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2010; 53(3):587-8.
- Sandhya venkatachala, Divya Rani Naik, Shanthakumari S, Alamelu J .Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome presenting as marrow cryptococcosis .Indian J Pathol microbial 2010;53(4):318-9.
- Karthika N, Reena Rai, Vanitha S , Sandhya Venkatachala. Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma in an adult .Indian J Dermatol Venerol Leprol 2009; 75(2):193-4.
- Sekar C Shanmuga Reena Rai , Laila A , Shanthakumri S, Sandhya venkatachala .Generalised granuloma annulare with tuberculoid granulomas : A rare histologic variant .Indain J Dermatol Venerol Leprol 2010;76(1);73-4.
- Sandhya V, Krishnakumar R, Rubby SA. Soft palate Schwannoma. Indian Journal of Surgery 2013;75:319-21.
DOI 10.1007/s12262-012-0670-x (published online on 12th july 2012)
- Sandhya.V, Rajeshkumar S, Premkumar S. Double adenoma of the parathyroid: Reinforcing the existence of this entity.Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology2013;56:328-9
- Sandhya V, Alamelu J, Srinivas CR. T cell rich angiomatoid polypoid pseudolymphoma – a novel cutaneous pseuodolymphoma. Indian Journal of dermatology 2014;59:361-3
- Sandhya V, Rajeshkumar S, Premkumar S. MPNST in neurofibromatosis typeI: Unusual presentation as mesenteric mass. Indian Journal of Cancer. Accepted , to be published
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Kumaresan M, Reena Rai, Sandhya venkatachala . Immunoflurescence of the outer root sheath in anagen and telogen hair: An aid to diagnosis in Pemphigus . International journal of Trichology 2009;1(2): 138-9.
- Sandhya Venkatachala and Ammu Sivaraman. Meckel syndrome with Caroli Disease and Choledochal Cysts. Fetal and Pediatric Pathology2011; 30:350–4
- Kaarthigeyan Kalanithi, Sandhya.V . Frasers syndrome in three consecutive siblings. Oman Journal of Ophthalmology 2011;4:87-9.
- M. Kumaresan, R. Rai and Sandhya.V Immunofluorescence of the outer root sheath: an aid to diagnosis in pemphigusClinical and Experimental Dermatology, 36, 298–301
- Prasanna N Kumar, Sandhya V, Venkatakrishnan L, Krishnaveni J, Mohanakrishnan A, Nirmala V. Light Chain Deposition Disease Presenting as Cholestatic Jaundice: A Case Report. Oman Medical Journal 2012;27:55-8
She is also a Reviewer of Med-e- journal of The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical university