Clinical Microbiology And Serology
The Division of Clinical Microbiology at Apollo hospitals offers a broad selection of tests designed for rapid identification of the causative agents of infectious diseases and prompt reporting of results. Our laboratory has implemented culture techniques, and immunoassays for rapid detection and identification of common as well as unusual microbial pathogens. Serologic testing is also available for confirmation of infections by demonstrating the presence of specific antibody responses.
- The department is actively involved in infection control activities of the hospital.
- Complete range of organism identification and susceptibility testing for bacteria, mycobacteria and fungi.
- Expert consultants in areas of bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology, virology (including HIV and hepatitis viruses), and infectious disease serology.
- Qualitative and quantitative detection of hepatitis B virus
- Consolidated Infectious Disease Serology Laboratory (bacterial and viral infections).
- Immunoassays for the diagnosis of Rota virus antigens in stool.
The Biochemistry department is a third generation laboratory, well-equipped with latest state of the art technology to perform not only the routine biochemical tests but also a wide variety of super specialized investigations such as tumour markers , therapeutic drug monitoring , screening tests for foetal anomalies, cardiac markers and many more. Special emphasis is given on quality by maintaining uncompromising stringent control protocols.
Metabolic Diseases Laboratory
- Genetic disorders play an increasingly greater role in clinical medicine. In the aggregate, 6% to 8% of diseases among hospitalized children have been ascribed to Mendelian traits inherited as single gene defects. Hundreds of inborn errors of metabolism (IEM) have been identified to date, primarily through the detection of endogenous metabolites abnormally accumulated in biological fluids and tissues.
- The clinical impact of biochemical genetics is driven by the constant expansion of the number of metabolites and enzyme activities that can be assayed in human body fluids and tissues for diagnostic purposes. Consequently, testing for hereditary metabolic disorders has developed from a highly specialized and fragmented activity, provided mostly by research-oriented scientists, to a critical component at the forefront of the laboratory work-up of patients of all ages.
- The Apollo hospitals metabolic diseases Laboratory has a mission to provide biochemical testing and result interpretation and consultation of the highest quality for the diagnosis, study, and clinical care of patients with a broad spectrum of IEM.
- The laboratory offers close to 150 procedures for the screening, biochemical diagnosis, and carrier detection.
The Coagulation Laboratory has extensive experience in providing high-quality haemostatic testing and interpretation of results. In addition to experience and quality, our strength especially results from the expertise of our staff,which include
- Physician director(Haematopathologist) with expertise and interest in laboratory haemostasis and thrombosis to provide test panel interpretation and consultation.
- Clinical technical coagulation specialist available to assist clients with questions regarding appropriate testing, specimen requirements, and interpretation of results
- Highly qualified laboratory personnel.
- Electronic reporting of test results and interpretations.
Morphologic consultations for peripheral blood and bone marrow disorders, as well as a variety of other diagnostic assays are available. We also provide facilities for the diagnosis of disorders that affect erythrocytes, leukocytes and platelets.
Example disorders include
- Hereditary haemolytic disorders.
- Morphological abnormalities of blood cells.
The consulting staff in the Division of Anatomic Pathology has expertise in surgical pathology, cytopathology and immunohistochemistry as well as a wide range of subspecialty areas like oncopathology, neuropathology and gynaec pathology to support the consultative practice.
- Rapid turnaround time.
- State- of - the- art Technology.
- Competitive fees.