Dr. Mythri Shankar
MBBS, MD (USA), ABNM ( USA), ASNC ( USA).
Head & Senior Consultant, Nuclear Medicine.
+91-80-2630-4137/ 4138 / 4141.
Dr. Mythri currently heads the Nuclear Medicine department at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore & is also actively involved in academic activities and several research projects. Instrumental in starting the Nuclear Department and spearheading all the Nuclear procedures (both diagnostic and therapeutic) to date. As a Physician, She has always placed paramount importance on education and the continuous pursuit of excellence as the highest virtue. She has always followed her passions with an unerring and innate sense of direction beginning with her desire to practice evidence based medicine both in the diagnostic and therapeutic arena of modern medicine (again as the first person to get a private license to use rubidium generator in the entire state of California) with a patient-friendly focus not just in philosophy but also in delivery of healthcare.
- With 15 years of clinical experience in the field she has worked as a Consultant at multiple outpatient imaging centers and private practice setups in the US and India. She is also perusing academics as a professor teaching DNB students ( Nuc Med).
- Dr. Shankar received her postgraduate residency graduate training at DVAMC – UCLA (Division of Veteran Affairs, University of California Los Angeles, USA) where she also served as a Chief Resident in her final year of training. She has had extensive training in her specialty from various prestigious institutions like UCLA, Cedars Sinai, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, King Drew University, University of Texas, Harvard Medical School, etc. Her Expertise lies in PET imaging, Particularly Cardiac PET imaging (Perfusion and Viability) and Oncologic
- Dr.Shankar is Skilled in latest protocols for gated myocardial perfusion SPECT imaging, semi quantitative and quantitative image interpretation. Experienced in identifying common artifacts in Cardiac SPECT imaging. Effective in integrating test results with clinical information and identifying cost effective applications of nuclear cardiology studies and their impact on patient management decisions. Professionally trained in handling Radiation safety issues and Quality assurance
- PET CT Imaging, Nuclear Cardiology & DEXA Bone densitometry.
- 11/04: PET- CT: Univ of Texas, Houston.
- 06/ 03: PET learning center: VA Palo Alto.
- 01/03: Cardiac PET Perfusion Imaging: University of Texas, Houston.
- 06/02: Clinical Nuclear Medicine: Harvard Medical School.
- 03/ 01: Clinical Nuclear Cardiology: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- 06/ 00: UCLA: Positron Emission Tomography.
- BONE DENSITY TEST RESULTS IN SOUTH INDIAN ADULT POPULATION : AN ANALYSIS OF HOSPITAL DATA : Osteoporosis International Dec Issue. 2010. Pg S 713, P 175.
- Author: Case Report: “Cardiac PET provides better detection of Coronary artery disease in Women” at, Antelope Valley Hospital, California : June 2004.
- “Improved PET equipment diagnosis heart disease”: Featured article in Antelope Valley Press : July 9 2003. (B1 ).
- “CORRELATION OF BONE MINERAL DENSITY TO RISK FACTORS, FRACTURE RISK AND SITE OF LOWEST BMD IN PATIENTS WHO HAVE HAD AN OSTEOPOROTIC FRACTURE: A CASE CONTROL PROSPECTIVE STUDY”. Published in Osteoporosis International Journal Volume 23, Issue 7 Supplement
- “ MODELS OF CARE & ACTIVITIES TO PREVENT OSTEOPOROSIS AND FRACTURES IN BANGALORE (SOUTH INDIA): A REFLECTION AND RESPONSE TO CALL FOR ACTION" . Published In Osteoporosis International Vol 24, Supplement 1, April 2013.
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine. ( USA & India).
- American College of Nuclear Physicians.
- Indian Medical Association.
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
- Association of Nuclear Medicine Physicians of India.