DR. ABHILASH BANSAL
+91 991 662 0447
Dr.Abhilash is experienced in all complex brain and spine surgeries (both adult and pediatrics). Expertise in tumors, functional neurosurgery and neurovascular surgeries. Proficient in brain and spine injuries management and techniques to monitor the brain functions like intracranial pressure monitoring and cerebral microdialysis.
- Worked as Consultant Neurosurgeon in the Department of Neurosurgery, Sri Gokulam Hospital, Salem, Tamil Nadu - December 19th 2011 to May 09th 2013
- Senior Consultant, Department of Neurosurgery - March 26th 2011 to December 2011
- Junior consultant, Department of Neurosurgery, BGS Global Hospitals - October 1st 2009 to March 25th 2011
- Registrar, Department of Neurosurgery - July 1st 2008 to September 9th 2009
- DNB resident in Department of Neurosurgery - July 1st 2003 to June 30th 2008
- Brain tumor surgeries
- Neurovascular surgeries
- Spine surgeries/li>
- Pediatric neurosurgeries
- Functional neurosurgeries
- Participated actively and well versed with stem cell therapy of degenerative and traumatic neurological conditions.
- Participated in “An assessment of Surgical Techniques for Treating Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. International Multicentre study” as coordinator during November 2008 – May 2009.
- Participated in “Clinical Safety/Tolerability of HF 0220 and its effect on Biochemical Markers Relevant to Patients with a Diagnosis of Mild to Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease” as co-investigator in October 2007.
- Participated in “Trial F7CBI” conducted in Head Injury Patients from 2005 to 2006 as study coordinator. This multicentric, prospective, double blind study was conducted by Novo Nordisk and evaluated the effect of recombinant Factor VIIa in trauma patients sustaining brain contusions.
- Participated in “Efficacy and safety of AP 12009 in Adult Patients wiuth Recurrent or Refractory Anaplastic Aastrocytoma (WHO grade III) as Compared to Standard Treatment with Temozolomide or BCNU: A Randomized, Actively controlled, Open Label Clinical Phase III Study”
- Innovative approach for prevention and treatment of post subarachnoid hemorrhage vasospasm: A preliminary report Neelam K Venkataraman, Shailesh A.V.Rao, Arun L. Naik, Kishore Shetty, Paparaja Murthy, Abhilash Bansal, Christos Panotopoulos Asian Journal of Neurosurgery Vol. 7, Issue 2, April – June 2012
- Outcome of microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia using autologous muscle graft: A five year prospective study Palaniappan Manickam Jagannath, Neelam Krishnan Venkataramana, Abhilash Bansal, Madineni Ravichandra Asian Journal of Neurosurgery Vol. 7, Issue 3, July – September 2012
- Open-labeled study of unilateral autologous bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in Parkinson's disease Neelam K. Venkataramana, Satish K.V. Kumar, Sudheer Balaraju, Radhika Chemmangattu Radhakrishnan, Abhilash Bansal, Ashish Dixit, Deepthi K. Rao, Madhulita Das, Majahar Jan, Pawan Kumar Gupta, Satish M. Totey Transl Res. 2010 Feb;155(2):62-70
- Ex vivo-expanded autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in human spinal cord injury/paraplegia: a pilot clinical study Rakhi Pal; Neelam K. Venkataramana; Majahar Jaan as Majahar Jan; Abhilash Bansal; Sudheer Balaraju; Majahar Jaan; Ravi Chandra; Ashish Dixit; Amit Rauthan; Uday Murgod; Satish Totey Cytotherapy 2009, Volume 11, Number 7, pp. 897 – 911
- White cerebellum sign - A case report and review of literature Dwarakanath S, Bansal A, Rudrappa S, Gopal S, Venkataramana NK Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences 2006, January, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp. 22