Dr.Ganesh K Murthy
MBBS, MS, Mch (Neurosurgery)
Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
+91 988 604 6624
Dr Ganesh K Murthy is a consultant neurosurgeon at Apollo hospitals, Bangalore. He has experience in endoscope assisted surgery & computer navigated surgery.
- Expert in performing Endoscope assisted surgery and computer navigated surgery.
- Adept in treatment of tumors.
- Has worked as Clinical Associate at Hinduja Hospital , Assistant Professor at SVIMS, Tirupathi and Senior Consultant at Sri Satya Institute Of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore
- Pediatric tumors.
- Spinal cord tumors.
- Endoscopic assisted surgery.
- Computer navigated surgery .
- Combined anterior and posterior decompression and short segment fixation for unstable burst fractures in dorso lumbar region.
Ramani P.S, Singhania BK, Murthy G – Neurol India 2002: 50 272 – 8
- Isolated intracranial Rosai dorfman disease masquerading as meningioma : a case report.
Ghosal N, Murthy G, Vishvanathan .K, Sridhar M, Hegde A.S
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2007 April; 50 (2): 382-4
- Cerebral calculi in the temporal horn of the lateral ventricle: Report of an unusual case. Ghosal N, Thakre D. Murthy G, Hegde A.S.
Histopathology 2007 May; 50 (6) 817-8
- Recurrent posterior fossa anaplastic ependymoma with prominent chondroid metaplasia – a case report and review of literature.
Ghosal N, Murthy G, Dadlani R, Hegde A.S.
India journal of pathol and microbiol 2010 Oct – Dec 53 (4) 787-9
- Primary malignant ganglioglioma,dorso lumbar spine (D11-L1)-a case report.
Ghosal N, Dadlani R, Murthy G, Hegde A.S
Journal of Clinical neuro science 2010 Dec 17 (12) 1597-9
- Smear preparation of intracranial lesions. A retrospective study of 306 cases.
Ghosal N, Hegde A.S, Murthy G, Furtado S.V
Diagnostic cytopathology 2011 August 39 (8) 582-92
- Paradoxical embolus across atrial septal defect & posterior circulation infarct in neuro surgical patients
Furtado S.V, Venkatesh P.K, Furtado A.D, Murthy G.K, Hegde A.S
International journal of neuro sciences 2010 July 120 (7) 516-20
- Clinical & radiological co-relation of outcome of pediatric cerebellar anaplastic oligodendro glaomas
Furtado S.V, Venkatesh P.K, Goshal N, Murthy G.K, Hegde A.S
Indian J Pediatr 2011 July 78 (7) 880-3
- Cervical spine instability following resection of benign intradural extra medullary tumors in children
Furtado S.V, Murthy G.K, Hegde A.S
Pediatr Neurosurg 2011 47 (1) 38-44
- Management of complex giant spinal arachnoid cysts presenting with myelopathy.
Furtado S.V, Thakar S, Murthy G.K, Dadlani R, Hegde A.S
J Neurosurg spine 2011 July 15 (1) 107-12
Paper / Poster Presentation
- 15th December, 1999, 10th Annual Conference of Indian Society, for Paediatric Neurosurgery at Hyderabad Paper presented on: Gamma knife radio surgery on pediatric patients.
- 16-19th December, 1999, 48th Annual Conference of NSI, Hyderabad.
Paper presentation on
- Third ventricular tumors - technical consideration
- Co author of : Combined anterior and posterior decompression and short segment fixation for unstable burst fractures in dorso lumbar region with or without neurological deficits.
- Nov 10-17th, 1999, the 5th Asian Oceanian International Congress on Skull Base Surgery, Mumbai.
Poster presentation: Cholesterol granuloma of petrous apex.
- 17-20th December, 47th Annual Conference of NSI, Trivandrum.
Paper presentation (Co author): Cervical corpectomy for narrow cervical canal and cervical spondylotic myelopathy.
- Cranio vertebral anomaly - unusual presentation and management dilemma.
- National Spine conference Ooty, July 2005: Review of surgical management of spondylolysthesis, SSSIHMS experience – Dr Ganesh K Murthy and Dr Satish R.