Dr Rakesh Jadav
MBBS, M.D. (Medicine), D.M. (Neurology)
Consultant - Neurology
+91 974 306 9363
Dr. Rakesh is practicing Consultant Neurologist with 3 years of post-DM experience having clinical and research interests in acute and chronic neurological diseases, specifically Epilepsy, pre-surgical evaluation of medically intractable epilepsy, pediatric epilepsy, acute and chronic stroke, thrombolysis in stroke, dementia, neuromuscular diseases, headaches, neuro-infection and multiple sclerosis.
Dr Rakesh obtained his MD Medicine from M P Shah Medical College, Gujarat and completed DM (Neurology) from NIMHANS. He did short training in Epilepsy at Children’s Hospital, Boston & Brigham and Women Hospital, Boston, USA under Dr Philip Pearl and Dr Barbara Dworetzky. He sharpened his skills in pediatric and adult epilepsy, pre-surgical evaluation in epilepsy and video – EEG. He has many International publications to his credit.
- Pediatric epilepsy
- Refractory epilepsy
- Pre-surgical evaluation for Epilepsy
- Video-EEG monitoring
- Rakesh H. Jadav, N. Gayathri, Sanjib Sinha, S. Rao, P.S. Bindu M, T.C. Yasha, P. Satishchandra, H. Aravinda. Clinical, Electrophysiological, Imaging, and Ultrastructural Description in 68 Patients With Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinoses and Its Subtypes. Pediatric Neurology 50 (2014) 85-95.
- Rakesh Jadav, Jitender Saini , Sanjib Sinha, Bhavanishankara Bagepally, S. Rao, Arun B. Taly; Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and its clinical correlates in drug naïve Wilson’s disease. Metab Brain Dis (2013) 28:455–462.
- R.H Jadav, S.Sinha, T.C.Yasha, H.Aravinda, S.Rao, P.S.Bindu, P.Satishchandra; Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis and Its Subtypes. The Neuroradiology Journal. 2012; 25:591-598.
- R Jadav, S Sinha, S Nagarathna, PS Bindu, A Mahadevan, RS Bharath, SK Shankar, AB Taly; Carcinomatous meningitis: Yet another cause for rapidly progressive dementia and triphasic waves in electroencephalograph. Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice. 2012. 3(2):207-209.
- A M Ramana Reddy, LK Prashanth, Rakesh Jadav. Awareness of Stroke, Stroke symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment among subjects attending Neurology OPD. Poster presented at 8th Annual National Conference of Indian Stroke Association 2013 March 1-3; Ludhiana, India.
- LK Prashanth, Rakesh Jadav, A M Ramana Reddy. Awareness about Movement Disorders in Medical Fraternity: The fact. Poster presented 17th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. June 16-20, 2013, Sydney, Australia
- “DTI (Diffusion Tensor Imaging) in Wilson’s disease”, paper presentation in award paper category, Indian Academy of Neurology Conference (IANCON) 2011, Pune.
- “Terminal QRS distortion on admission ECG as a prognostic marker in acute myocardial infarction”, paper presentation, APGCON 2005, Jamnagar.
- Gold medal for obtaining first rank in MD Internal Medicine in Saurashtra University, Gujarat
- Best paper award in the Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of Gujarat, APGCON 2005.
- Member of American Academy Of Neurology
- Member of Indian Academy of Neurology.
- Member of Bangalore Neurological Society.