Dr. Vikram Kamath
MBBS, DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
+91 80 2630 4050
Dr. Vikram Kamath, Senior consultant has vast experience in the field of Neurology.
- He is proficient in treating patients with stroke and Demyelinating diseases.
- He started his career as a Senior Resident in Neurology at NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Later, he joined the St. John’s Medical College Hospital, as an Assistant Professor in Neurology.
- Three years later, he went on to become the Associate Professor in Neurology, in the same Hospital.
- Demyelinating diseases.
- Autonomic dysfunction in Wilson’s disease-a clinical and electrophysiological study. S Meenakshi-Sundaram, A.B.Taly, V.Kamath, G.R.Arunodaya, S.Rao and H.S.Swamy. Clinical Autonomic Research (2002) 12:185-189.
- Phenobarbitone induced gingival hyperplasia-case report. S.Sinha, V.Kamath, A.B.Taly, G.R.Arunodaya. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry (2002) 73: 601-602..
- Functional MR imaging of hand motor cortex in a case of persistent mirror movement. P.N.Jayakumar, J.M.E.Kavoor, S.G.Srikanth, A.B.Taly, V.Kamath. Neurology India (2003) 51: 94-97.
- Acute Painful Peripheral Neuropathy due to Metronidazole. G R K Sarma, V. Kamath Neurology India (June 2005) Vol. 53: pp. 372-373.
- Remitting-relapsing Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE). Case description and mini-review. V Kamath, A B Taly, S Sinha et al. Ann Ind Acad Neurology (2005) 8:101-104.
- A case of Parkinsonism worsened by losartan: a probable new adverse effect. Authors: G R K Sarma, Vikram Kamath, Thomas Mathew, A K Roy. Movement disorders (June 2008) 23(7):1055.
- Subdural hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage and intracerebral parenchymal hemorrhage secondary to Cerebral Sinovenous Thrombosis: A rare combination. Thomas Mathew, G.R.K Sarma, Vikram Kamath, A.K. Roy. Neurology India. (Jan 2007) 55(4):438-9.
- Thesis on Dysautonomias in spinal cord disorders: clinical and electrophysiological profile (submitted to NIMHANS in partial fulfillment for the award of D.M. degree in Neurology).
- Life member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN), Neurological Society of India (NSI) and Bangalore Neurological Society (BNS).